Who We Are
Posterity Group helps governments and utilities understand and reduce energy use and emissions. We provide end-use modelling and consulting services to support demand side management, resource planning, and energy/carbon policy decision-making.
Posterity Group (PG) provides a rewarding and challenging consulting environment. We offer a healthy work environment that is purposeful, motivating and gratifying. Our progressive management policies include a flexible approach to work location and work hours that respects staff time and work/life responsibilities.
We offer our staff competitive pay, drug, dental and supplemental health benefits, and a generous vacation and leave policy that includes four weeks’ vacation and Fridays off during the summer. At PG you will find a strong corporate culture of social responsibility that encourages giving back to our community and planet.
We are looking for an Energy Consultant to join our team on a full-time permanent basis. You will work closely with our experienced consultants as a technical resource, and make meaningful contributions to PG’s project work to guide our clients to meet national or sub-national 2030 decarbonization targets. You'll work with colleagues who are experts in their fields and who are keen to collaborate with you.
Who You Are
As the successful candidate you have 1-5 years of experience in energy efficiency, energy policy, or carbon management. You have a degree in Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Economics or similar. You embody PG’s values of integrity, kindness, continuous improvement, honesty, and responsibility. You are a self-motivated critical thinker who can work independently and with colleagues in a deadline-driven environment. Your skills include:
- Communication: you have excellent writing skills, including the ability to communicate your detailed technical understanding in plain language.
- Data analysis and visualization: you are an intermediate or advanced MS Excel user who uses functions (e.g., lookups, index, conditional statements, etc.) or macros to analyze data and present results.
- Problem solving: you work hard to solve problems before seeking input from others.
- Leadership: you have an open and active curiosity in learning about PG and the industry we serve, and actively seek guidance to improve your performance.
- Accountability: you contribute to client projects and take responsibility for your work commitments.
Experience in these areas will be considered assets:
- Jurisdictional scans and market studies.
- Energy efficiency technology studies.
- Conservation potential analysis.
- Probabilistic or parametric energy end-use scenario modelling.
- Energy and emissions planning.
You would also add value to our team if you:
- Can speak and write well in French.
- Are a willing and comfortable public speaker.
- Hold or are working towards a PMP designation.
- Have some coding skills.
- Have consulting experience, or experience managing consultants.
The Energy Consultant will have the following responsibilities, under the guidance of a senior PG staff member:
- Conduct research and data analysis to inform policy decisions on energy efficiency, demand response and carbon reduction.
- Develop inputs and run models to analyze the impact of policies and economic drivers on energy consumption and GHG emissions.
- Estimate the energy/GHG savings potential of innovative technologies, identify their paths to market through online research and interviews with market actors, and assess their cost-effectiveness to inform energy efficiency program design.
- Write project reports to summarize findings and provide recommendations to clients.
- Other tasks depending on experience and interest.
If this role is for you, please consider applying by August 26th, 4:00 pm! To apply, write us a 1-page letter showing:
- How you meet the above criteria, (or if you don’t, why we should consider you anyway),
- Why you want to work with us, and
- What kind of projects you would be best suited for based on your previous experience.
Attach your resume, including employment history and relevant project summary qualifications (2-page limit).
$75,000-$87,000 per year, or commensurate with experience.
Posterity Group is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, and invite those who wish to self-identify as a member of an equity-seeking group to do so in their application. Posterity Group provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants who require it. If contacted to proceed in the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Come and join an experienced team of professionals guiding the energy transition!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Energy Efficiency and Low Carbon Advisory Services