The Ultimate Leader/ AKA General Manager
Looking for The Ultimate Leader/ AKA General Manager
Energuy – Brantford, Ontario
$90,000 - $120,000 / year
Us: Canadian company seeking an energetic and unwavering Manager ready to lead our company’s teams forward.
You: You’ve already mastered managing numbers, processes, and teams, but you are looking for a new challenge; an uncomfortable and exciting opportunity to transition from a Manager to a Leader.
Think big, really BIG; keep our eyes open for opportunities; plan accordingly and follow through; PREVAIL.
Our Core Values:
We are fun and productive. As a leader, you show your team what it looks like to focus, follow through and untangle challenges gracefully and professionally with a contagiously positive attitude. You affect your environment, your environment does not affect you.
We treat our team and clients like partners. Show up, not just on time to work but show up in meaningful ways for our clients and our team, step out in front-- take all the responsibility and give away all the credit.
We all make mistakes, how we handle them matters. You don’t just own your mistakes, you own your team’s mistakes. We win together, lose together.
Reporting directly to the Energuy Board of Directors, the General Manager (GM) will provide overall strategic leadership and direction for all aspects of business. The GM will act as a liaison between the company owners, team members, Energy Advisors, and contractors. The GM will effectively communicate the Energuy vision and business strategy to team members and will motivate and inspire team members to realize the Energuy vision and serve as an effective role model for the organization.
The GM will be responsible for delivering and achieving revenue targets while ensuring customer service excellence standards are achieved. They will be accountable for long and short-term strategic plans to grow market share and to hire, train and support new and existing Energy Advisors to meet growth demands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with the owners to support and implement strategic direction, business planning and profit and loss management.
- Support the company purpose and culture.
- Direct and motivate a high performing team through effective training and coaching.
- Responsible for the identification of recruitment needs and managing the full cycle of sourcing, interviewing and hiring activities.
· Coordinate onboarding and orientation activities to ensure that all Energy Advisors have expert knowledge to deliver excellent service to the homeowner and meet all NRCAN requirements.
- Set and monitor performance objectives, goals and criteria, evaluate performance through regular reviews.
- Work with the owners to establish methods to measure and maintain customer service excellence, and to develop corrective action to be implemented on a timely basis when service falls below standards.
- Develop processes to effectively manage and support sales staff, Energy Advisors, contractors, and office personnel.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE :
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive general management experience within an organization that provides services to the business and consumer sectors with direct B2C experience.
- Completion of a business degree or diploma. A bachelor’s degree in business administration is preferred.
- Results orientated with a demonstrated ability to consistently meet or over-achieve business growth targets.
- Proven strong leadership, training and motivation skills with a track record of successfully managing and developing high performing teams.
- Proven relationship building with a strong ability to develop new and effective relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate desired outcomes.
- Demonstrate problem solving, strategic planning, decision making and project management skills.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively and proactively manage time, set priorities, meet multiple and conflicting deadlines and to deliver outcomes.
- Sees failure as an opportunity.
- Does not need to be managed.
- Wows a team with insight and output.
- Flexibility and adaptability, high capacity to work in and lead an evolving organization, establish new processes and ability to lead change and act as a change agent.
- Please note that a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract must be provided for an employment offer to be extended.
To join our management team and have great growth opportunities where your contribution will make a difference, send your resume by email.
Your application has been successfully submitted.