Administrative and Technical Assistant
WHO WE ARE
City Green is an enterprising non-profit organization with a mission to excite, inspire, and lead British Columbians in finding energy and greenhouse gas reduction solutions. As a licensed Service Organization with Natural Resources Canada, we work with energy advisors, builders, and homeowners across British Columbia to conduct EnerGuide home evaluations. The purpose of an EnerGuide home evaluation is to assess the energy performance and potential energy savings for homes during the design, construction, and renovation stages. Our team designs and delivers energy efficiency programs for local governments and the province of BC. We also offer a wide range of other related services, including virtual home energy services, marketing, training, education, and research.
We are hiring an Administrative and Technical Assistant to join our team in Victoria, BC. In this role, the right individual will primarily be responsible for providing administrative support for City Green’s EnerGuide Rating System (ERS) Team and other related services.
This position is perfect for those interested in starting or advancing their career in the sustainability and home energy efficiency sector.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Supporting our ERS team with administrative tasks:
- ERS file submissions related to HOT2000 – detail oriented, highly focused tasks
- Energy Advisor support – email communications with Energy Advisors
- General administrative tasks – filing, mailing, email communications
- Supporting other programs and services at City Green as needed
This position will primarily focus on administrative assistant tasks for the EnerGuide Rating System team. Applicant must be comfortable and willing to conduct significant portions of their work via email communications and file management tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS (Skills and Experience)
- Must have a minimum of one year of client services and/or office experience.
- Must be proficient in MS Office tools.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to spend a large percentage of working time on a computer.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Self-directed, and the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- Diploma/degree in relevant field or combination of relevant experience is an asset but not required.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the EnerGuide Rating System, energy efficiency, building construction, and/or building science is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Aptitude and interest to learn building science, the basics of the EnerGuide Rating System, and the nuances of energy efficiency rebate program terms and conditions.
- Personal and professional fit with City Green’s vision and mission.
- Experience or certification in digital communications an asset.
- Written and verbal fluency in French, Punjabi, Farsi, Cantonese, or Mandarin an asset.
- Proficiency with Adobe creative suite an asset.
- Proficiency with GIS (ArcGIS or similar) an asset.
- Priority is given to individuals who are located in Victoria or with the plan to move to Victoria.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Start Date: As soon as the right candidate is available
- Hours: Full time. Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm
- Compensation: $20/hour starting compensation. Individuals with high levels of experience with the EnerGuide Rating System are encouraged to apply and we are open to discussing compensation requests.
- Location: Downtown Victoria office, close to public transit and indoor and outdoor bike lock-up.
- Arrangement to work remotely is an option after an initial probation period.
- Training: Substantial job training is provided (for this reason we are looking for individuals willing to make a multiple year commitment).
- Probation Period: 3 months; comprehensive benefits program available after 3 months.
- Work Environment: City Green offers a casual and flexible (but fast-paced) work environment and an opportunity to help shape and grow a dynamic energy/GHG reduction focused social enterprise.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume (in one PDF attachment) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 21, 2022. Early applications are encouraged.
- While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or walk-in applications, please.
- City Green is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, sexual orientation, or nature of disability. Please feel free to self-identify in your application if you would like to.
For information on current programs City Green delivers, or is a partner for program delivery, see www.citygreen.ca/projects and:
Your application has been successfully submitted.