Energy Efficiency Engineer
Stoney Creek, ON, CAN
Windsor, ON, CAN
Chatham, ON, CAN
North York, ON, CAN
Waterloo, ON, CAN
Enbridge’s Demand Side Management (DSM) Group works with our Commercial customers to help them use natural gas more efficiently. If you are someone who enjoys providing technical solutions and managing diverse customer relationships, this is your opportunity to become a part of our Demand Side Management (DSM) group.
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated individuals who can assist our Ontario based Industrial customers with utilizing natural gas efficiently through participation in our Energy Efficiency Programs. In this role, you will be delivering Enbridge’s Energy Conservation programs directly to customers and affiliated business partners.
We offer opportunities for growth, a competitive benefits and pension plan, and generous time off. We'd love to hear from you! Apply today #joinourteam
Note: As we frequently seek qualified candidates for our Demand Side Management roles, this is an open call posting. As openings arise for these roles qualified candidates will be contacted. There are a number of locations in Ontario where these roles are located (Stoney Creek, Windsor, Chatham, London, Waterloo and North York). Please indicate your location preference(s) on your application.
*Internally this role is known as Advisor Energy Solutions.
What You Will Do:
- Working independently, able to find, deliver technical solutions and complete custom complex engineering and energy efficiency calculations for assigned customers (primarily industrial and manufacturing accounts)
- Establish and build operational and technical relationships with customers at all levels in the organization aimed at building long-term trust and commitment from the customer to achieve natural gas usage reduction targets.
- Proactive outreach to assigned accounts, conduct site walk-throughs to assist customers with the identification, business screening and technical evaluation of potential energy conservation opportunities to improve operational efficiencies through basic building and thermal system audits in pursuit of natural gas savings
- Timely implementation of projects into DSM tracking systems of all potential, active and completed projects that are verifiable and capable of withstanding the audit and verification process and provide specific support during customer audit veification process as required. Provide accurate and timely personal outlooks and forecasts for current year energy conservation delivery results
- Establish alliances with business partners (contractors, equipment suppliers and manufacturers, consulting engineers, etc.) to facilitate the development and implementation of energy efficiency projects, outreach and results.
- Working in collaboration with internal Enbridge departments to complete all application requirements.
- Attend and present energy efficiency programs at customer meetings, applicable trade shows and energy forums and events. Promoting energy conservation and representing the Enbridge brand.
- Work cooperatively with team members and cross boundary colleges to complete assigned work safely, accurately and on time while demonstrating key competencies.
Who You Are:
You have the following education and experience:
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Engineering (preferred mechanical or electrical).
- Minimum four or more years of project engineering or project management experience in commercial sector environments.
- Experience with energy and process efficiency projects for Industrial facilities.
- Exceptional understanding of manufacturing processes and the application of process improvements.
- Strong technical and analytical proficiency.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, able to operate independently but work with team of like-minded professionals
- Customer and results focused.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to co-ordinate multiple projects while managing personal time.
- Strong relationship building, problem solving skills and negotiation skills.
- Passion for upholding Enbridge's core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, and Inclusion along with our ways of working.
Following are the preferred skills:
- Membership in Professional Engineers of Ontario or similar professional organization.
- Energy Management certification (such as Certified Energy Manager).
- Fluid in English and French.
- This role is a mix of office based (60%) and field based (40%) and requires travelling mainly within Ontario including overnight. Valid driver’s license with a responsible driving record is needed.
Flex work :
Enbridge provides competitive workplace programs that differentiate us and offer flexibility to our team members. Enbridge’s FlexWork (Hybrid Work Model) offers eligible employees the opportunity to work variable daily schedules with a flexible start and end time, to opt for a compressed workweek schedule. Role requirements determine your eligibility for each option or combination of options.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We fuel quality of life.