Director - Public Sector - Energy
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
For more information, please visit www.guidehouse.com.
Our Energy, Sustainability & Infrastructure team provides political, strategic and management consultancy to institutions and companies across the energy value chain that aim to support the energy transition. Amongst the topics addressed are the design of policies and the implementation of new technological developments that are needed to equip energy systems with distributed sources such as renewables, storage options and electromobility, increase flexibility between power and fuels, interconnectivity between regions of supply and demand, and emerging services and technologies powered by data resulting from the digitalisation of the energy system. Our strength lies in our strategic understanding of complex relations between technology, policy and business, and our ability to translate that into actionable advice for our clients.
Your work will focus on managing and growing Canadian Public Sector accounts and supporting these clients in energy related issues as we transition towards a decentralised, decarbonised, and digitalised future. We have a strong commercial practice in both the US and Canada. We want to build on the success of our US public sector practice to build a Canadian public sector practice.
Your work will focus on diverse topics and assignments related to low carbon gases, distributed energy resources/grid modernization, resiliency, e-mobility, innovation / pilot program design and execution, infrastructure investment planning and customer engagement
As a Director you will be responsible for:
- With support from our US based public sector practice, developing and managing the Canadian Public Sector practice
- Building a Canada based team of public sector focused professionals
- Managing one or more Canadian client accounts by
- Engaging with potential clients to understand their key challenges and needs
- Defining a compelling value proposition aligned with the client’s needs
- Supporting development of client sales opportunities.
- Collaborating cross-practice to build compelling new solution offerings that resonate with target clients
- Delivering successful consulting engagements by:
- Guiding multiple and/or more complex consulting engagements
- Generating new and unique ideas and using solid judgment to determine which ideas will have greatest likelihood of success
- Being an effective part of the local team while engaging with international teams and networks for subject matter experts
- Playing a key role in the design and execution of innovative solutions and application of technical knowledge and best practices
- Mentoring and managing local staff
Our team members manage their own tasks and schedules while carrying out high quality client work. Our consultants must demonstrate considerable business acumen and an acute focus on maximizing client value and building relationships over time.
- 12+ years professional experience in professional services, strategy, or management consulting.
- Demonstrated account and / or solution leadership experience with public sector clients.
- Demonstrated record of strong executive level relationship development and management with Canadian public sector entities that will support business development and enable improved understanding of needs.
- Proposal writing experience including budget development and managing proposal timeline with input from multiple subject matter experts.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- A critical thinker with a strong eye for detail and creative in problem solving.
- A team-player who demonstrates the willingness and ability to work effectively in diverse teams and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- University degree with a focus on economics, business, technology, engineering, mathematics, or science.
- Knowledge and experience in power or natural gas systems, grid infrastructure, grid integration of decentralised sources, electric mobility and/or power markets
- Knowledge and experience in industry topics such as: sustainability, the hydrogen economy, advanced energy technologies, renewable energy, distributed generation, electricity generation, energy policy, power / or gas sales.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our unique cross-sector approach to problem solving is an opportunity to reset the future together