Consultant - Energy Providers Canada- Campus 2023
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com.
The Energy Providers practice helps utilities and energy companies stay ahead of the curve as the industry rapidly transitions to one that requires cleaner fuel supply, increased reliability, improved resilience, and more control over energy costs for customers.
Our consultants support project teams both at client sites and internally. Responsibilities will include client management, solution implementation and generation of project results. A key function of a Consultant’s role will be to create and present high-quality deliverables that support essential project workstreams. As a Guidehouse Consultant, you will be required to gather and analyze data, identify gaps and trends, and make recommendations related to baseline performance and structure, as well as established best practices and benchmarks.
We encourage career development and hiring for the long term. As a Guidehouse Consultant, you will follow a clearly defined career path and continue to deepen your specialized industry knowledge and consulting skills. As you develop project management skills and leadership abilities, you will have the opportunity to progress to the Senior Consultant level.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Data analysis, technical engineering reviews, economic modeling, and/or primary data collection
- Assessing energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and trends
- Building and technology energy simulation modelling
- Field performance measurement and data collection of building and industrial process energy systems
- Market research, literature reviews, and policy analysis
- Fact-finding, research, and analysis on energy-related activities
- Developing technology strategies for utilities, government, and energy companies
- Communicating solutions and new strategies to clients and stakeholders
- Minimum Years of Experience: 0 years
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree (Must still be enrolled in an accredited degree program in 2022 and graduate by Summer of 2023)
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the country
- No sponsorship is available for this position
- Degree/Majors Preferred: Engineering, Data Science, Public Policy, Sustainability, Economics, or a related discipline
- Strong interest in the Energy Industry and/or Sustainability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Knowledge of R, Python, SQL, SPSS, or other programming languages
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and independent work style
- Ability to assume ownership of significant portions of tasks while collaborating with a close-knit team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our unique cross-sector approach to problem solving is an opportunity to reset the future together