Climate Change Professional
Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people who like people, to brilliant minds, tomorrow’s visionaries, challenge seekers, collaborators, and those with an entrepreneurial spirit in their DNA.
At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where everyone’s ideas and perspectives are welcomed and encouraged, a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on projects that rally our team together, where you can proudly become a company shareholder.
At CIMA+, we give you the freedom and flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
At the end of the day, we’re proud to be able to say that when you join CIMA+, we’ll welcome you into a place that you can call home.
At CIMA+ we believe that engineering exists to improve the lives of those around us, within our company and the communities where we operate. As a Climate Change Professional, you will support public and private clients in achieving their sustainability objectives, specifically with decarbonization and infrastructure resilience. You will actively participate in the analysis and implementation of innovative, sustainable, and resilient solutions for all types of large-scale engineering projects across Canada.
- Coordinate and manage sustainability projects with clients and other stakeholders
- Perform climate change risk and vulnerability assessments
- Provide recommendations for climate adaptation measures
- Develop climate change adaptation and resiliency plan
- Conduct GHG emission inventories for various types of projects
- Perform whole-building lifecycle analyses using software such as Athena or One Click LCA
- Conduct research and provide recommendations on carbon emissions reduction measures
- Participate in the management of projects pursuing an Envision certification
- Participate in the various activities of the Centre of Excellence in Sustainability that are aligned with our ESG strategic plan and applicable across all sectors of activity
- University degree in biology, environmental science, land-use planning, sustainability, or any other industry-related training
- At least three years of relevant experience in GHG inventories or climate change resilience assessments
- Organizational skills, autonomy, and ability to work as part of multidisciplinary teams
- Strong written communication skills to share recommendations and ideas effectively and concisely through reports, presentation documents, proposals, and other written communications
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
For more information about this job offer, please contact Liliana Guedez
Your application has been successfully submitted.