Small Business Advisor
Greensaver is Ontario’s leading non-profit energy conservation organization. For nearly 30 years, we’ve helped people, businesses, and utility companies reduce their carbon footprint and, therefore, protect the environment. In total, we have helped over 100,000 homeowners, renters, and small businesses reduce their energy consumption and overall utility costs.
Our mission is to provide turn-key energy efficiency solutions for homes and small businesses, to deliver a sustainable future.
Our vision is to be Canada’s trusted energy conservation partner.
Greensaver’s leadership team has decades of experience delivering energy efficiency, conservation, and demand management solutions for utilities, municipalities, and businesses. Our team consists of experts in program management and design, marketing, customer service, energy evaluations and building retrofits.
Job Type: Part-Time, Contract (1 year)
Reports to: Manager, Lead Generation & Outreach
Locations: Brampton, Vaughan, Markham, Windsor, Barrie
The Small Business Advisor will be responsible for business-to-business sales and customer service support. This includes meeting with targeted small business customers, presenting the details of an IESO saveonenergy.ca conservation program, conducting a lighting and/or refrigeration assessment of the location, and booking a retrofit for energy efficiency upgrades. You will work closely with the Manager of Lead Generation & Outreach and the Small Business Program Manager to ensure the monthly targets are on track to meet organizational program objectives.
You will also be working & collaborating with a team of individuals who are passionate about helping others, energy conservation and making a positive impact on the environment.
- Canvass targeted areas to promote a commercial lighting, refrigeration and HVAC retrofit program.
- Conduct assessments of small businesses to determine if they qualify for the program.
- Help identify the specific upgrades the customer is eligible to receive.
- Collect and enter the customer data into a CRM system and liaise with the customer service team to book an appointment as appropriate.
- Achieve monthly / quarterly / annual enrollment targets.
- Other duties as requested and assigned from time to time by the Lead Generation and Outreach Manager.
- Interest in meeting with business owners and helping them reduce their carbon footprint.
- 1 to 2 years sales and high-level customer service experience, preferably in a B2B role.
- Highly motivated and target-driven.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and thrive on challenge.
- Solution oriented with effective problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment as well.
- Strong attention to detail and be ability to complete tasks timely and accurately.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license, with access to a personal vehicle as 75% regional travel is expected.
Competitive salary is available for the right candidate.
Greensaver is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.