Energy Management Engineer / Professional
We are looking for an Energy Management Engineer / Professional to join our Energy Team!
If you have:
- a genuine interest in energy efficiency and sustainability;
- academic foundation in Energy Management, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Design or equivalent;
- built your practical foundation by working in the field of Energy Management for a few years;
We encourage you to a explore this opportunity with us.
About the Role
At Prism, Energy Management Engineers / Professionals provide energy efficiency upgrade recommendations and design mechanical and control systems for various efficiency upgrades in commercial, institutional and/or industrial buildings. This includes the development and implementation of sequence of operations to achieve maximum energy efficient building operations.
Your responsibilities include:
- Conducting energy studies, carbon neutral studies and low carbon technology analyses and evaluations of energy savings in facilities
- Carrying out the review of controls sequences, reviewing and evaluating program code and identifying opportunities for control optimization for various control system manufacturers
- Providing conceptual design for mechanical efficiency upgrades and deep retrofit upgrade
- Preparing cost estimates for these proposed energy upgrades
- Designing mechanical and control systems upgrades for energy retrofits
- Preparing tender packages for procurement of equipment, installation and commissioning of upgrades and site reviews of installation
- Providing coaching and advice for Energy Managers and Strategic Energy Management Programs
- Providing analyses of utility exception reports and support to Prism’s Utility Monitoring and Analysis (PUMA) software clients
In this role, you will need to interact directly with clients and work collaboratively with team members coming from various engineering disciplines and various third parties in order to deliver effective, value-adding solutions. You will utilize your general business insights as you will be involved in different stages of projects.
As you gain more experience and take on more senior roles in the team, you will manage projects and accounts (ie from RFP response, to technical analysis, detailed design, procurement services, and construction oversight), provide technical guidance and coordinate activities of other professionals assigned to projects, and serve as coach and mentor to more junior members in the team.
This is a 40-hour per week salaried position but open to flexible working arrangements. Local travel with occasional trips to other BC communities and provinces across Canada is involved.
Sounds like a good fit?
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified persons coming from diverse backgrounds. Tell us how your experience translates to this position. Please send your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 17, 2022. In your application, please indicate your preferred work location (Burnaby, Kootenay, or Okanagan office).
Your application has been successfully submitted.