Sustainability Services Manager
SES Consulting is a mission-based, values-driven organization. Our mission is to design solutions for the low carbon transformation of existing buildings. As a certified B-Corporation since 2012, we challenge ourselves to embrace equity, transparency, good governance, the environment and our community in our business practices. We offer a comprehensive remuneration package that includes extended health benefits and incentive plans that reward commitment and achievement.
Here are 5 things that our staff love about working at SES:
- Love of learning – No two projects are the same.
- We walk the talk – Everyone at SES embraces sustainability in our actions.
- Results matter – If it does not save energy, and it doesn’t last, we haven’t done our jobs.
- It’s about balance – We want our staff to have great careers balanced with great lives.
- We have a collaborative culture – We work as a team, sharing knowledge, recognizing and celebrating each other.
SES Consulting is seeking a self-directed individual to join our Vancouver-based team as a Sustainability Services Manager. If you are passionate about accelerating the transition to low-carbon buildings and want to find ways to support individuals and communities to get on board - this is the job for you. The position will evolve based on the skills and interest of the successful applicant.
This is a full-time position reporting to the CEO. The candidate will be responsible for leading our Sustainability Services offering which includes:
- Designing and delivering sustainability programs for municipal and utility clients
- Developing and coordinating training programs around energy efficiency, strategic energy management, and emerging technologies
- Public communications and marketing related to program outreach
- Research and public consultation
- Proposal writing
- Strategic planning
- Developing and managing budgets
- Project management, coordinating interdisciplinary teams
- Collaborating with engineering services
Depending on the skills and interest of the successful applicant, they may also be responsible for:
- Participating in SES’ marketing and communications
- Drafting policy documents
- BCorp Certification / liaison
- Desktop publishing / design
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and sustainable practices
- Understanding of Climate Change and sustainability best practices (energy, water, waste, transportation)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong organizational skills, prioritization and self-managing multiple concurrent work-streams
- Detail oriented, with an ability to track and follow up on diverse tasks and timelines
- Experience developing or delivering sustainability programs
The successful applicant in this role will be responsible for directing the sustainability services offering at SES. The following is a list of skills that will be advantageous in the position, but are not specifically required. We will endeavor to select the candidate with a good mix of skills, and there will be an opportunity to adapt the role based on the successful applicant.
- Knowledge of social marketing strategy, behaviour change models, behavioural economics and/or change management principles
- Experience with residential or commercial retrofits, knowledge of technologies and challenges
- Experience developing or delivering educational programing
- Experience with marketing and communications, particularly content writing
- Design experience, in particular InDesign or Illustrator
- Experience designing surveys and analyzing survey data
- Experience with stakeholder mapping, stakeholder consultation
- Flexible location, ideally Vancouver-based near our Gastown Head Office; work from home is permitted
- Full-time 32 - 35 hours a week.
- Office hours 9 to 5:30, flexible work hours by prior arrangement
- Tentative start date November 2022.
- Salary broadband ranges from $85,000-$119,000, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package after 3 months.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 26th at Midnight PST. We thank all applicants for your interest. However, due to volume we will only contact those shortlisted for the position. NO telephone inquiries please.
- Please send your resume (maximum 2 pages), via email, with “Sustainability Manager” as the subject line
- Please include a cover letter that outlines your demonstrated passion for climate action and sustainability, and where you heard about the posting.
SES is committed to facilitating, recruiting, and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, or age. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, 2SLGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.
About SES Consulting:
SES Consulting is grateful to work on the unceded, ancestral territories of the xʷməθkʷəjˀəm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh-ulh Temíx̱w (Squamish), səl̓ilwətaɁɬ təməxʷ (Tsleil Waututh), Coast Salish, Á,LEṈENEȻ ȽTE (W̱SÁNEĆ) and Lekwungen/Songhees Nations.
SES Consulting Inc. is a dynamic Vancouver-based social venture that focuses on reducing carbon emissions by improving energy efficiency in commercial buildings. Our diverse team provides mechanical design, energy assessment, direct digital control (DDC) design and re-commissioning, project management, energy consumption analysis, measurement and verification, green building certification, coaching, training and conservation programming services. We help upgrade new and existing facilities with the latest technologies by providing sound recommendations and financial analysis of energy savings paybacks.
SES is a certified B-Corp; meeting “rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency”. To learn more about SES Consulting, please visit our web site at www.sesconsulting.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Engineering Energy Efficiency