Energy Systems Engineer
- Are you passionate about building Canada’s low-carbon future?
- Does leading and mentoring multidisciplinary staff to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Energy Systems Engineer with at least five years of experience in energy modelling, analysis, and consulting engineering?
- Do you have or are you eligible for a P.Eng. designation and interested in working on unique and pioneering projects in the field of energy systems?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our offices for talented, entrepreneurial candidates to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Energy Systems group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities. Our well-established energy systems team consists of engineers from multiple disciplines pouring their passion into a common focus: integrating energy efficiency, renewable energy, and low-carbon features into every design.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Supporting the growth of the Energy Systems team through external initiatives (business development and marketing) and internal initiatives (mentoring and peer review).
- Developing and reviewing energy generation or consumption models using IESVE, eQuest, EnergyPlus, TRNSYS, HelioScope, or PVSyst.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment while leading, supporting, and developing project solutions and proposals that meet client’s needs, including innovative energy systems (such as wastewater energy transfer), green building certifications (such as Zero Carbon Buildings), and renewable energy systems (such as geo-exchange and PV systems).
- Developing improved modeling and analysis methodologies for energy project deliverables.
- Leveraging your experience and studies in building science, HVAC systems, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and renewable energy systems.
- Organizing the workload of technicians and junior engineers to ensure that project deadlines are met, and final deliverables align with client expectations.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the great lakes of Ontario. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual prom, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in our energy projects? Check out how we were selected to undertake a study to investigate the feasibility of deployment of photovoltaics (PV) at the Department of National Defense’s Headquarters Campus in Ottawa; or how we designed the implementation of a SolarWall™ on a Canada Post building; and how we are currently designing the new City of Cornwall Fire Station Headquarters and Training Centre incorporating renewable energy sources.
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion, and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.
Your application has been successfully submitted.