Construction Manager & Energy Assessor
ABOUT KAMBO ENERGY GROUP
Kambo Energy Group is an equity-based social enterprise that designs and delivers solutions to reduce energy poverty and improve housing in communities historically missed. We work with Indigenous Nations, lower income households, immigrants, and new Canadians. Empower Me and Community Power operate as divisions of Kambo Energy Group. Across all its divisions and programs, Kambo Energy Group places people at the center, equipping and empowering them to make smart, safe, affordable energy choices. Come help us realize our vision of providing clean and accessible energy choices for everyone.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role will work in our Empower Me division to support the delivery Home Upgrades Program in Edmonton and Calgary. This program is designed to relieve energy poverty by delivering no-cost home energy upgrades to lower income households to reduce energy consumption and improve affordability. This role will oversee the implementation and project management of this program and includes home assessments, sourcing contractors, contractor management, managing and procuring materials and some installation of basic energy efficient upgrades such as air sealing and weatherstripping. The role will join our program team and be responsible for on the ground management of the program which is set to launch in early 2023. This is a remote position that requires in home assessments and upgrades in both Calgary and Edmonton.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to think creatively and pragmatically to solve unique challenges, be an exceptionally strong communicator who is skilled at relating to diverse groups of people, and align with Kambo’s vision of ‘clean and accessible energy choices for everyone’ . You are a natural leader, with a knack for exceptional customer communications, are interested in improving the lives and homes of others and enjoy taking ownership of work in a dynamic and autonomous setting. You work well with small, collaborative teams and can embrace a diverse range of responsibilities.
This role is responsible for:
- Performing home assessments and prioritizing energy savings.
- Managing cost estimates, trade contracts, construction progress accounting reports, schedules and change orders.
- Performing condition assessments on homes in Edmonton and Calgary.
- Assessing the general condition of various housing components such as windows and doors, attics, basements and crawl spaces, heating systems, insulation, etc.
- Completion of basic energy upgrades; skills such as cutting, measuring, caulking and insulation installation
- Acting as a liaison between construction contractors and the client and playing the role as an owner’s representative.
- Support the completion of comprehensive energy efficiency upgrades.
- Managing relationships with our clients as it relates to project work.
- Coordinating subcontractors and partner consultants to meet project requirements as needed.
- 3-5 years of direct experience in residential construction or construction management is required.
- A thorough understanding of residential construction best practices is critical.
- Courteous and punctual
- Experience using MS Word and Excel and the ability to quickly learn how to use a variety of software is required.
- Having Red Seal, Building Inspector or Project Management certification is an asset.
- Experience with client management and customer service is an asset.
- Understanding of Alberta Housing Requirements, energy efficiency, and/or energy poverty is an asset.
- Decision making based on logic and common sense
- A self starter who takes initative to get things done.
- Must have a valid Class 5-passenger vehicle licence.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A social enterprise that delivers turn-key energy solutions for residential communities and commercial buildings