Renewable Energy (Solar) Technician
Renewable Energy (Solar) Technician
Region: Southern Alberta
Spark Power is a leading independent power solutions provider to the electrical service industry across North America. We deliver technical solutions that help our customers transition to the grid of the future – Renewable Energy.
The Renewable Energy Technician will travel to job sites around Alberta and help build and maintain solar, wind, battery storage & electric vehicle infrastructure. The technician must be competent and qualified to work on electrical and/or mechanical components of Renewable Energy assets.
We are excited to provide careers in Renewables and are committed to being the best employer possible. Our product is our people!
What you’ll be doing as a Renewables (Solar) Technician:
• Follow all Health and Safety policies to maintain a zero-incident workplace
• Complete routine safety documentation before every job including tailgate meetings, electrical work permits, etc.
• Technical troubleshooting & preventative maintenance activities to maximize performance/production
• Energization/de-energization procedures
• Follow & implement LOTO plans & procedures
• Interpret schematics and blueprints
• Quality assurance checklists and inspections to document deficiencies and identify corrective actions needed
• Follow OEM specific maintenance requirements in addition to company standards and industry best practices i.e. NETA MTS, CSA Z463, etc.
• Daily digital reporting and documentation of all work performed
• Work in a team-based environment and independently whereas necessary
• Participation in on-call weekend services on a rotating schedule
• Identify and provide feedback to issues and ongoing development of projects
• Willing to work overtime as needed
• Keep the sites looking clean and safe– buildings, vegetation, fences, gates, roads, etc.
• Ensure spare parts inventory is organized and clean
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we’re looking for:
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• Post-secondary education with an electrical or mechanical base is an asset
• Electrical Apprentice or Licensed Electrician is an asset
• ABET/EAC certification will be considered an asset
• Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC)
• Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
• Fall Arrest and/or Working at Heights training / certification is preferred
• Unfailing commitment to safety with a proven ability to consistently follow defined health and safety polices and procedures is essential
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic and a willingness to learn
• Computer proficient (proficiency with mobile apps and various software: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, report writing)
• Ability to work with a team mentality and liaise with customers to ensure quality of service
• Must be able to lift 34kg (75lb)
• Ability to work at heights with good ergonomics, work may take place on ladders, platforms, and cramped spaces with constant standing and kneeling.
• Able to determine color codes
• Work in various weather conditions and geographic regions
Here are some of the perks Spark Power employees enjoy:
• Competitive hourly wages
• Generous daily per diem
• 40-Hour weekly minimum while on jobs (guaranteed hours!)
• 1.5X overtime after 40 Hours / week
• Fast-track growth opportunities
• A hands-on, positive Management Team that began as Technicians and have been promoted within their roles
• Positive and fun company culture. No one is 'just a number' at Spark.
• Benefits (health, vision, dental)
• Employee Share Ownership Program
• Company vehicles
• Monthly cell phone allowance
• All travel, training, workwear and PPE paid for
Who is Spark Power?
• We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
• We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
• We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.
Your application has been successfully submitted.