Building Assessment Consultant
Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. For more than 75 years, the people at Morrison Hershfield have been the leading force behind our continuous growth and the expansion of our services.
Here at Morrison Hershfield, we are committed to providing flexible work arrangements, to assist employees in fulfilling their multiple responsibilities at work, at home and in the community. Flexible work arrangements provide additional options for work schedules and locations. As we focus on project delivery, clients and staff, we have several working options available for working at Morrison Hershfield.
You’re a leader and strong team player who is excited about applying your technical expertise to be part of a team of highly talented market-leading professionals. Leading projects from beginning to end, excites you. You’re looking for a rewarding opportunity where you can lead by example, apply your strategic mindset to see the bigger picture and manage competing priorities. Looks like Morrison Hershfield has the perfect opportunity for you!
Advance your career to the next level, at an organization that is proud to be a home for people committed to making a difference. You will have an opportunity to inspire others through your leadership, perfect your craft, share your insights in the technical community and manage a variety of projects.
As a valued member of the team with an entrepreneurial spirit, you will have a chance to become an owner of our organization. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to further your career and have a positive impact on your community. Apply today!
Our Building Specialty Services (BSS) group is one of the fastest growing service offerings at our organization that includes a diverse mix of professionals with practical design, field, and industry research and product development expertise. This group is able to seek the best projects with the best clients because they deliver expertise that empowers designers to create high performing buildings without compromising budget or function.
Morrison Hershfield’s 70+ years of success as a market leading, employee-owned engineering practice is a direct reflection of our employees’ expertise, dedication, teamwork and innovation.
We value technical growth, entrepreneurial spirit, work-life balance and an environment that supports the development and mentoring of our staff. We are constantly expanding and seeking ambitious, committed individuals that want to excel through challenging opportunities and projects that will allow them to achieve their career goals. Our focus on our people, culture and capabilities allows us to make a difference for our clients and the communities we serve.
Our future starts with you. Your future starts with us.Responsibilities:
- Prepare proposals and establish project financial budgets.
- Complete and oversee reserve fund studies and performance audits; property condition assessments for real estate transactions; facility condition assessments to support asset management.
- Attend client meetings and present results in a clear and effective manner considering different backgrounds of audience, including residential boards of directors, developers, and facility managers/asset managers/engineering teams of large portfolios
- Collaborate with multi-discipline project teams on large and complex assessment assignments for various property types including residential, municipal, institutional, industrial, and mission critical.
- Attend relevant industry events.
- Manage client relationships.
- Conduct business development to secure revenue-generating projects.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Degree or diploma in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience in leading reserve fund studies, performance audits, property and facility condition assessments and building science consultation.
- Professional Engineer, Registered Architect or Certified Technologist, or pursuing registration is a plus.
- Building restoration experience for a variety of components (roofing, windows, cladding, parking structures) is a plus.
- Organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks on multiple projects and proposals.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong customer service commitment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Your application has been successfully submitted.