Intermediate Full Stack .net Developer
Blackstone Energy Services Inc. is an independent Canadian energy management company with global reach that serves to deliver purposeful change by creating good energy for our clients and our planet. We help guide large businesses such as municipalities, hospitals, financial institutions and manufacturers on a profitable journey to net-zero consumption.
We are a rapidly growing team with an entrepreneurial culture providing superior customer service and customized energy solutions for our clients across budget management, conservation and generation opportunities.
BLACKSTONE ENERGY SERVICES is an equal opportunity employer
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a Full-Time, Permanent Full Stack .net Developer with experience in back-end/DB/API services development, server-side web development and an aptitude for front-end development.
- Develop and test code in accordance with stakeholder requirements and SDLC process
- Enhance existing applications built in ASP.net MVC, Kendo, Web API, and SQL Server
- Exceptional coder with the ability to translate technical concepts into plain English for stakeholders, users, and management
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback, guidance, and mentorship
- Understand the importance of software design and architecture and own the quality of the design and code implementation
- Evaluate use of Software Design Patterns and apply where applicable
- Work with stakeholders and users to elicit and collaborate on obtaining correct and complete requirements for development
- Proactively solve problems, seek solutions independently, and validate them among peers, stakeholders, and others involved in the development process
- Deployment to testing and production environments
- Support applications in production environments
- Work with on-premise virtualized server environments as well as Cloud service providers such as Microsoft Azure to monitor resources and deploy software releases
- Outstanding team player with initiative, ownership, and accountability
- Work well with members within and other teams to collaborate and accomplish joint interdepartmental goals
- A track record of driving projects to completion
- Action- and goal-oriented and results-driven approach to work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A self-learner who likes to stay on current with latest technology
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Data structures, algorithm run-time and space – theory and application
- Object-Oriented programming concepts and experience
- Software Design patterns experience on real-world projects
- 5+ years of .NET (C#) development experience
- Strong background and hands-on experience with SQL is a core requirement
- 5+ years of experience using SQL Server databases (queries, stored procedures, query tuning and solving performance issues) and ORM (e.g LINQ, EF)
- 3+ years ASP.net MVC
- 3+ years SSRS reporting.
- 3+ years RESTful/JSON web service experience
- Strong focus and commitment to quality of code, testing, documentation, and software development processes
- Proficient understanding and use of code versioning tools such as git, Azure DevOps
Nice to have
- Energy services industry background considered a very valuable asset
- Familiarity or experience with industry leading third-party UI controls (e.g. Telerik Kendo, etc.)
- Microsoft Azure
- Power BI reporting.
- SSAS Cubes development
- Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, waterfall)
- Continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) experience
- Blackstone Energy Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Blackstone Energy Services is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Taking all of our clients to net-zero by 2050