Modern Niagara helps building owners, managers, and general contractors meet the mechanical, electrical, integrated building technology, and building services needs of their buildings across Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Southwestern Ontario, and Ottawa. We also develop custom, turnkey solutions to help reach the desired outcomes. We are committed to having a positive and meaningful impact on Canada’s infrastructure and on the communities where we live, learn, work, and heal.
WE BUILD FOR LIFE.
We value passion, initiative, determination, professionalism, and teamwork and we are committed to ensuring that our teams have everything they need to succeed. Health and safety are embedded in everything we do and, as a result, our award-winning safety culture has a record that’s well above industry standards.
At Modern Niagara, you will work alongside values-driven, safety-conscious, and high-impact teams in a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment. Here, your knowledge, skills, and excellent service will help ensure that the buildings that make up Canada’s infrastructure fulfill the needs they were set out to meet.
Modern Niagara is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and is a recipient of SMACNA‘s Safety Excellence Award Program (SSEAP) – Canada and the Canadian Occupational Safety (COS) Magazine’s Gold Winner for Canada’s Safest Employers Award in the Building and Construction category and Excellence Winner for Canada’s Best Health + Safety Culture Award as well as Canada’s Best Health + Safety Leader Award.
We currently have an opportunity for a HVAC Technician to join our Services team in Ottawa. The HVAC Technician will work with clients and other team members to service maintain and repair our client’s Building Systems. This will include preventive maintenance, routine and emergency service, and project start‐up and commissioning. This is unionized position through local 787.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the service team to provide exceptional customer service to our clients.
- Install, maintain, and repair Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning and Refrigeration system and their components.
- Document and report work activities verbally and complete necessary paperwork, forms, logs, and reports.
- Contributing to corporate knowledge sharing systems and participate in the development of tools and template libraries.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic certification with interprovincial Red Seal
- Gasfitter 1 certification would be considered an asset
- Professionalism and clearance to work in varied client sites
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passion for customer service
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Focus and attention to detail
- Team player that functions well in a busy environment
- Resourceful, problem-solver that is energetic and able to manage multiple priorities
- Available to participate in after hours on-call rotation
- Valid Driver’s license with an acceptable 5 Year abstract
- Valid safety certificates including: First Aid, WHMIS, TDG, Fall Protection, Aerial Work Platform considered an asset.
- Working references may be required
- OBT 1 or 2 considered an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Modern Niagara, we recognize the value of fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization and are committed to eliminating barriers faced by members of equity-seeking groups (women, Indigenous, Black, racialized, LGTBQ2S+, people with disabilities, and new immigrants) in the construction industry. Our DEI vision is to build an organization where everyone has access to the same opportunities, experience equitable outcomes, and can thrive and reach their full potential.
We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Modern Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us so that suitable accommodations can be made. We can be reached at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We build for life.