Structural Engineer, Hydro & Dams
WINNIPEG, CALGARY, VANCOUVER And TORONTO
If you are looking to join a world-class team in the renewable energy industry, while being part of a team with strong roots in its environment, join WSP, one of the largest engineering and consulting firms in the world. The company's expertise ranges from conceptual designs and feasibility studies, through full detailed engineering and performance monitoring, to closure and decommissioning.
Our Power Canada Division supports our clients from coast to coast. Over decades, we have developed a wide range of services, including technical study preparation in niche areas, project management, detailed design and site services. Our expertise is recognized throughout the market for both development and rehabilitation projects. Our experts work together to provide our clients with services that live up to our vision of meeting the highest industry standards and innovating to exceed them.
This position is within the Hydropower & Dams market sector of the Power Division. This market sector specializes in hydroelectric projects (development, rehabilitation), dam and hydraulic structures engineering, and dam safety. We work in collaboration with public and private sector clients on innovative projects that allow our team members to prove their expertise and to train a new generation of passionate people.
In order to meet these growth challenges, WSP is currently looking for an Intermediate Structural Engineer to join our team (Structural, Hydro & Dams), located in one of our offices in Canada (Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto).
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Act as Structural Engineer for the structural design of plans, specifications and details for projects in hydraulic structures/dam design and rehabilitation, and hydropower design and refurbishment;
- Act as Structural Engineer for dam safety projects including dam safety reviews, dam safety inspections, development of dam safety documents, risk review assessments, etc.;
- Produce quantity surveys and prepare budget estimates;
- Produce and verify tender documents, specifications and other technical documents;
- Supervise the work of technicians and draftspersons assigned to the project;
- Ensure design compliance with internal QA/QC procedures;
- Assist the Project Manager as required;
- Perform any other related tasks that may assist in the delivery of the project.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil (Structural) Engineering;
- 5 to 10 years of experience in structural engineering of hydraulic structures or hydropower projects;
- Hold a valid licence from a Canadian provincial body regulating the practice of professional engineering;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
Your application has been successfully submitted.