Junior Environmental Engineer/Scientist
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD has a great opportunity for an Environmental Geoscientist / Engineer / Scientist, with a specialization in contaminated sites management to support our Ontario team! Our hiring team, based in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario, specializes in environmental assessments, risk assessments, risk management planning and implementation, and remedial design and implementation for public and private sector clients across Canada and the US. We are a diverse and cohesive team inspired by providing an exceptional client experience while remaining focused on our collective and individual career progressions.
- The successful candidate will:Support a wide range of environmental projects
- Complete field work and oversight associated with environmental investigations, monitoring sites, and remediation activities, which may include drilling, soil sampling, well installation, groundwater sampling, surface water sampling, excavation, vapour sampling, construction and demolition oversight, etc.
- Assist in project set up, coordination, work plan development, data assessment, and reporting activities
- Collaborate with a variety of project teams and build relationships with our GHD network, subcontractors, and clients
- Be supported with staff mentorship and GHD technical and health & safety training programs
- Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:0-2 of related experience
- B.Sc., B. Eng, B.A.Sc. in geoscience, environmental science, civil/environmental engineering, science, or relevant discipline relevant to environmental site assessment or remediation
- Eligibility of P.Eng. or P.Geo. designation considered an asset
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and report writing skills
- Willingness to travel to undertake fieldwork is required
- Excellent English writing and strong verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's license (MVR check will be performed prior to hire)
- Access to a personal vehicle.
- Strong commitment to client service excellence
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and collaboratively in teams
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and have strong determination.
- Strong ability to problem solve and to think analytically/logically
- Attention to Health & Safety
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are committed to addressing the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and communities.