Sustainable Building Certification Consultant
MONTREAL, LAVAL, BROSSARD, QUEBEC, GATINEAU - Anywhere in Canada
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team that is locally dedicated with international scale? Join WSP, one of the largest engineering and professional services firms in the world!
At WSP, our Building sector Sustainability & Energy Efficiency teams , stationed near most offices in Canada, consist of professionals of various backgrounds and skill sets to address the requirements of our clients. We rely on mechanical, electrical and construction engineers, technicians from different disciplines, urban planners, refrigeration and building automation professionals, energy modeling professionals and specialists in building sustainable development and certifications. We are involved in both pre-project studies as well as construction, expansion and renovation mandates. We work on all types of commercial, institutional and industrial buildings and in both private and public markets. We offer a full range of energy and sustainability services including energy, carbon and water audits, recommissioning, building commissioning, energy monitoring, measurement implementation, energy control optimization and verification, building certification (LEED, BOMA Best, WELL, Fitwel, Green Globes, Living Building Challenge, Net Zero Energy, Net Zero Carbon, etc.), financial assistance, file reviews for financial assistance programs and CaGBC, as well as energy modeling.
Given the growing demand in our sector, we are looking for an intellectually curious person with a keen interest in the field of building certification and the challenges it presents to join our team as a Sustainable Building Certification Consultant.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- Carry out various activities related to green building certification, such as LEED, BOMA Best, WELL, Fitwel, Green Globes, Living Building Challenge, Net Zero Energy, Net Zero Carbon, etc.;
- Develop, plan and coordinate green building activities for clients;
- Prepare and produce technical documentation, perform required calculations, conduct site visits and collect data required for certification programs;
- Support different stakeholders in the incorporation of sustainable development principles and project certification requirements;
- Coordinate and follow up on the progress of the project certification with clients and other stakeholders;
- Conduct research, evaluation (feasibility, life cycle, etc.) and modeling (lighting, natural ventilation, etc.) related to certification programs;
- Plan and organize project sustainability certification coordination meetings;
- Develop company expertise in sustainable building development;
- Perform any other related tasks deemed relevant to the position.
We’d like to know more about you if you have:
- Undergraduate degree in building engineering or architecture, or any other training deemed equivalent;
- 3+ years of relevant experience in green building development;
- Membership in good standing of a professional order in Canada (considered an asset);
- Experience in consulting engineering (considered an asset);
- Knowledge of building mechanics, building electricity and building architecture ;
- Proactiveness, organization skills and are detail-oriented;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good oral communication in French (considered an asset)
- LEED PA, WELL PA, Fitwel Amb. etc. accreditations (considered an asset).
Your application has been successfully submitted.