Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
What is the Opportunity?
The Hayter Group is an independent and wholly owned subsidiary of Aecon Group Inc, bringing energy solutions to residential customers in Ontario. This includes a wide range of heating/cooling solutions such as furnace, geothermal, heat pump products and solar solutions for both new build and retrofit homes.
The HVAC Technician will report to the Field Service Supervisor to complete HVAC jobs for our customers. Hayter Group technicians take their vehicles home with them and occasionally report to our shop. Technicians are dispatched from their home and parts are delivered to the job site. The Hayter Group service area is bounded by London, Sarnia and Chatham.
What You'll Do Here:
- Troubleshoot oil, propane and natural gas HVAC equipment, indoor comfort, energy efficiency, and related problems
- Present findings and options to customers; provide advice and recommendations
- Provide customers with information on new equipment when repairs exceed $300 and/or existing equipment exceeds 10 years of age
- Present customers with information and pricing on service agreements, accessories, quality, cost and other comfort improvements
- Complete approved repairs, improvements, or installations within industry standard times, following proper safety procedures
- Clean equipment and work area, ensure complete customer satisfaction upon completion of work
- Perform other duties as required
What You Bring to the Team:
- Two or more years of experience as an HVAC installation, maintenance, or service technician for natural gas, propane or heating oil
- Ability to communicate clearly in a friendly, personable way with customers and coworkers
- EPA certified
- Able to quickly troubleshoot problems
- Ability to follow controls/wiring schematic
- Ability to braze/solder/weld
- NATE certification an asset
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA Act during any step of the application process please click here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.