Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
Faster. Smarter. Safer. This is how Aecon Utilities is committed to delivering projects. We simply do it better. We are Ontario’s premier utility contractor and are ready to become Canada’s #1 utility construction provider.
Reporting to the CAD Manager, the Quality Control Specialist will have a primary focus on quality control of Telephony network design for several clients, ensuring that standard practices, procedures and processes are met.
- Ensures QC processes are established and maintained to comply with Municipal Operations Centre (MOC) standards, codes and regulations
- Implements quality control procedures to ensure integrity of documents, electronic Images, and/or records
- Identifies improvements in processes, systems, technology and procedures
- Liaises with clients and maintains strong relations
- Establishes and maintains standards of service for clients
- Completes design drawings, quantity calculations and as-built drawings for various types of utility projects using various software packages (e.g. AutoCAD, Microstation)
- Retrieves physical records from customer records or by other database collection systems
- Completes all necessary field work/data as required to ensure compliance with all CSA/ESA guidelines (i.e. Aerial/Buried and UG structures)
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets records to provide the most cost effective design as per clients requirements
- Provides detail accounts and record keeping relating to design and project management of existing project
- Monitors existing projects as per standard construction methods
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience of Telephony Outside Plant Engineering design in copper and fibre networks, structures design
- Strong knowledge and prior experience with MOC requirements
- Experience with obtaining Municipal Consents from various Municipalities
- Prior experience drafting or drawing in Telephony industry
- Must possess a College diploma or University degree in a technical discipline (such as Civil, Electrical, Surveying) or Field experience in telephony splicing, construction or utility locating services as an alternative to the diploma or degree
- Ability to develop and maintain key client and municipal relations
- Experience and knowledge of large telecommunications carrier operations
- Experience in contract inspection and field survey
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, splicing sequences, construction as-builts and technical reports
- Strong proficiency with AutoCAD (2D and 3D)
- Software knowledge required: MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio
- Strong computer skills required - Hardware & Peripherals, Relational Database, Drafting (AutoCAD) and Mapping (GIS)
- Specific software knowledge in Network X would be an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Excellent safety and attendance record and previously demonstrated strong safety awareness
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to efficiently proof read documents
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision
- Must be self-motivated and work well with minimum or no direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required
- Ability to work in a process based environment with high work volumes and transactions
- Proven ability to plan, organize and execute task objectives required
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA Act during any step of the application process please click here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.