HVAC Solutions Specialist
Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
What is the Opportunity?
Faster.Smarter.Safer. This is how Aecon Utilities is committed to delivering projects. Aecon Utilities is ready to become Canada’s #1 utility construction provider and we’re looking for an HVAC Solutions Specialist to help us get there!
The Green Energy Services team at Aecon is bringing energy solutions for residential customers in Canada. This includes solar rooftop systems, energy storage, EV charging solutions and integration of these devices in the overall residential energy management. In addition, we are building solutions towards electrification of residential heating and cooling loads to reduce dependence on fossil fuels. For heating and cooling needs, our solutions include the use of Air Source Heat Pumps, Ground Source Heat Pumps (including geothermal loops) and hybrid solutions (where feasible) for both New Build and Retrofit homes.
We’re looking for a HVAC Solutions Specialist – Heat Pump/ HVAC Technology, reporting to the Director, Green Energy Services to help build the business in residential heating and cooling technologies by providing their technical expertise.
What You'll Do Here:
- Be familiar with various provincial Building Codes and relevant provisions for designing a modern energy efficient building.
- Engage with builders, architects, contractors and other stake holders to understand their specific heating & cooling preferences, articulating the benefit of various technical solutions available.
- Have hands on experience of conducting heat loss and heat gain calculations using compatible software meeting CSA F280-12 standard.
- Choose appropriately sized air source and ground source heat pump in various configurations of internal units (wall/floor/ceiling) and air flow delivery (single /Multi Zone, ductless or ducted or a combination) and associated pipe/duct work and electrical load design. As part of the overall solution, co-ordination and interface with ground-loop Geothermal team will also be needed.
- Develop detailed design and equipment specification for the overall solution will need co-ordination with builder architect and general contractors so that for new builds, all refrigerant piping, duct work, electrical conduiting, wiring, space for indoor and outdoor units is catered for upfront during construction stage itself.
- Be familiar with available commercial HVAC equipment, especially heat pump technology and various OEM products.
- Build installation team for installation of HVAC equipment with industry best practices to continuously improve the processes on sourcing, delivery, installation, commissioning, project timelines and training of the personnel involved to deliver a successful overall system.
- Develop proposals for potential customers for the complete residential heating and cooling solution during various stages in the decision-making process and participate in discussions with various stake holders.
- Drive an inclusive culture to promote equity, welcome different perspectives, and enable career progression by fostering a sense of belonging.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Five or more years of direct industry experience in the field of mechanical building services.
- Diploma/Degree from a mechanical building services/engineering program.
- P.Eng would be an considered an asset
- Working knowledge with various mechanical systems such as heating, air conditioning, plumbing systems, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing residential heating cooling technologies
- Knowledge and experience working with various load calculation tools like TECA Quality First, HOT2000, Wrightsoft, Elite, LoopCad Pro
- Familiar with structural, architectural, and electrical models to appreciate space limitations and interferences.
- Familiar with municipal and provincial codes and authorities.
- Able to work independently, as well as contribute to the team
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office suites, specifically Word and Excel.
- Be a champion of inclusion and diversity.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA Act during any step of the application process please click here
Your application has been successfully submitted.