Salary: $65,000 per annum
Position: Full-Time (Remote, based in Ontario)
Deadline to Apply: December 2nd, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: January 2023
About the Role
We are looking for an Operations Coordinator to plan, coordinate, manage and implement administrative and operational activities for Efficiency Canada. The Operations Coordinator will provide information, advice, analytical and decision-making support to the Executive Director, Governing Council, Program Directors and staff, and collaborate with Carleton University’s departments (or Administrators) to implement new or specialized initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Operations with a dotted reporting line to the Executive Director.
Efficiency Canada is the national voice for an energy-efficient economy. We envision a future where Canada uses energy efficiency to its fullest potential. This means maximizing the benefits of energy efficiency to result in a sustainable environment, a productive economy, and a just and equitable society.
Efficiency Canada is housed at Carleton University’s Sustainable Energy Research Centre. We acknowledge that the location of our campus sits on the traditional, unceded territories of the Algonquin nation. In doing so, we acknowledge we have a responsibility to the Algonquin people and a responsibility to adhere to Algonquin cultural protocols.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and equitable workplace, which is why we have signed on to the 50-30 Challenge. We highly encourage applications from equity-deserving groups especially Indigenous Peoples, Black, and other People of Colour candidates. If you share our passion for creating a more inclusive planet, we invite you to apply regardless of fit with your previous experience or background.
- Ensure day-to-day operational activities are efficient and effective, and are in line with approved strategic initiatives and budgetary allocations.
- Administer departmental accounts, reconciling invoices and credit card statements monthly; coordinates financial processes; prepares financial transactions such as purchase orders and expense reimbursements, and maintains accurate records.
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval before payment. Ensure swift processing and payment of invoices.
- Collect and coordinate expenses and receipts for the organization as required and complete expense reports.
- Resolution of finance-related queries, both internal and external.
- Assist with year-end audit preparation and procedures including audit schedules and supporting documentation required by auditors.
- Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, and preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required.
- Contribute to reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain an easy-access filing system for all filing related to accounts payable, supplier agreements and/or contracts.
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar, arrange meetings and appointments, and prepare materials for meetings.
- Oversee and organize travel and accommodations. Interprets and ensures adherence to travel and finance policies and procedures. Prepares itineraries and initiates timely travel reimbursements for expense claims and travel advances.
- Set up meetings and arrange meeting rooms, set up virtual meetings (Google Hangout & Teams); set up audio visual and equipment for meetings, and catering as needed.
- Manage board Governance includes board meeting minutes, agendas, correspondence, maintaining policy manuals, preparing reports and action plans and coordination of new board members' orientation annually.
- Plan and organize conferences, events, staff training, and employee engagement activities
- Collaborate with managers to set procedures, policies, and processes.
- Work closely with providers to manage IT systems and manage cybersecurity risk.
- Provide staff support on operational processes, procedures and protocols.
- Provide human resource support when required by liaising with job applicants, arranging interview logistics, and assisting with onboarding.
- Manage systems for storing confidential and sensitive documents.
- Coordinate and complete various special projects/assignments as required.
Efficiency Canada is housed within Carleton University; however, our team works in a remote, online environment. Access to a reliable computer and internet connection is required. Device access accommodations can be made available.
- Flexible and remote work arrangement.
- Four weeks’ vacation.
- Additional days off around statutory long weekends from April to September, an annual winter holiday shutdown, and your birthday off.
- Training and development budget to support your professional goals.
- Volunteer time off to support causes that are most important to you.
- Post-secondary education in Administration, Business, Non-Profit Management or a related area and/or experience including 3+ years providing executive-level support.
- Minimum 3-5 years prior experience in operations, finance, or administration.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Highly organized and flexible with the ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks and relationships in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to research and summarize information.
- Critical thinking and discernment to assess and scope areas for improvement and an ability to offer creative solutions.
- Demonstrated technical skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, and virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Teams).
- Ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders and collaborators.
- Ability to work independently, with the comfort to ask for help, when needed.
- Intuitive, resourceful, and reliable.
- Self-starter, adaptable and a good team player.
- Passionate commitment to the mission and objectives of Efficiency Canada.
Nice to have
- Experience using Concur, eSHOP, FAAM, and FAST.
- Experience in the non-profit or not-for-profit sector.
- Experience working in a start-up or growing organization.
- Experience supporting the procurement of goods and services.
- Experience managing digital filing management strategies.
- Bilingualism in both English and French.
Employment Equity Statement
Carleton University and Efficiency Canada strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The national voice for an energy efficient economy