Senior Systems Engineer - Transit
Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people who like people, to brilliant minds, tomorrow’s visionaries, challenge seekers, collaborators, and those with an entrepreneurial spirit in their DNA.
At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where everyone’s ideas and perspectives are welcomed and encouraged, a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on projects that rally our team together, where you can proudly become a company shareholder.
At CIMA+, we give you the freedom and flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
At the end of the day, we’re proud to be able to say that when you join CIMA+, we’ll welcome you into a place that you can call home.
We are currently engaged in several major infrastructure projects in the transit sector, that involve the application of various communication technologies such as LTE, Wi-Fi, LMR, IIoT and IoT. To take part in this growth, we are seeking a talented Senior Systems Engineer to join our dynamic team in either our Vancouver or Calgary office in a hybrid work setting.
As part of a close-knit multi-disciplinary team, you will lead this “first of kind” project. The challenges are genuinely novel, and we need someone who knows what it takes to be successful in a complex stakeholder environment, who can view this classic Industry 4.0 project holistically, and use their personality and “know how” to deliver results for our clients.
The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of Systems Engineering concepts, and significant experience engineering operationally critical / high reliability systems, and in the convergence of IT / OT.
- Applying sound systems engineering principles and best practices to direct overall project delivery
- Providing the overall architecture design and associated transition planning
- Properly understanding client needs and advising on the best recommended technical solutions
- Developing and putting in place new and efficient / best practice project delivery processes
- Preparing accurate and detail oriented design deliverables for both head-end and on-board subsystems
- Collecting and clearly defining business and technical requirements
- Ensuring that our services and those of the Contractor and its implementations meet the organizations quality standards and expectations
- Preparing test procedures and commissioning plans for ATP and Cutover
- Supporting a wide array of stakeholders using excellent and timely communication, and through a confident and positive attitude
- University Degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical/Physics/Systems Engineering) or equivalent related discipline
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in consulting, systems engineering and/or complex integration with significant experience in rail and transit projects
- Professional Engineer License (P.Eng.) or eligibility required
- Knowledge of System Engineering best practices as described by INCOSE and other bodies is an asset
- Well developed technical writing and verbal communications skills, with the ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant IEEE, IEC and CENELEC standards
- Wide ranging and in-depth familiarity with the railway domain, and the realities of working with large transit operators.
- Sound judgment, and effective organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work with multi-discipline technical teams, deal with complex issues and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrable strength in a minimum of two (2) of the following (and working knowledge of the remainder):
- Full lifecycle engineering QA and/or Systems Engineer processes
- Solution architecting / design
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) analysis
- Functional Safety
- IEC 15288: 2015
- Experience defining and directing systems integration testing activities to meet business and operational requirements
- Able to identify, analyze and mitigate interface and interoperability risks from both a safety and program management perspective
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
For more information about this job offer, please contact Ibrahima Amadou
Your application has been successfully submitted.