Solar Operations and Maintenance for Building Owners/Managers
CONTRACT FOR SERVICE OPPORTUNITY RFP
Course Content & Instructional Services
Course Title: Solar Operations and Maintenance for Building Owners/Managers
Apply with resume and cover letter/proposal by Friday, November 30, 2022
Solar Alberta is seeking a Course Content Developer & Instructor for a new course we are planning to offer solar industry professionals and those hoping to enter the solar industry: Solar Operations and Maintenance for Building Owners/Managers.
This contract for service will start approximately December 15, 2022, and all deliverables will be expected to be completed by May 31, 2023.
This contractor must work remotely and be administratively independent. Upon completion of the deliverables, they must be willing and able to invoice Solar Alberta for the contracted amount through either an incorporated business or as a sole proprietorship.
SERVICES UNDER CONTRACT
1) Course Content Development
PDFs and/or slide deck presentations must be prepared for dissemination to the students in advance of the course offering.
The course content should include information such as:
- General safety of working around solar PV installations
- Techniques for ensuring the system is operating optimally
- How to monitor & report on installation output and performance
- How to ensure all warranties are not void
- When to call the installers back in for support or maintenance
2) Course Instruction
The contractor should be prepared to teach their material online through Zoom over 3 to 4 evenings, in 2 hour segments, in April or May 2023. The specific timing will be determined once the contractor has been selected.
Please note that Solar Alberta will serve as the primary administrator for the course and will manage all of the online course set up, marketing and registration.
- Provide monthly updates to Solar Alberta’s Solar Course Coordinator on the progress of the course development
- Provide written feedback to Solar Alberta’s Solar Course Coordinator following the completion of the course, including suggestions for improvements and/or course changes going forward
- Correspond with Solar Alberta staff as needed, by phone and/or email in preparation for the course
COMPENSATION & ADMINISTRATIVE DETAILS
- This is a contract position and not an employment position
- Compensation will be $2000 overall:
- $1000 to be paid upon invoice receipt following the completion of the course content creation and supporting document delivery to Solar Alberta
- $1000 to be paid upon invoice receipt following the delivery of the course
- The Instructor must be comfortable with the course content being recorded for subsequent sale through paid download on the Solar Alberta website. The Instructor will be compensated 50% of all income generated through online course downloads in perpetuity, in addition to the $2000 for course delivery and teaching.
- Training and experience related to solar operations and maintenance
- Knowledge of Alberta’s commercial and residential/microgeneration solar PV generation regulations, Canadian electrical codes, and other relevant safety regulations/codes
- Experience with solar module manufacturers and warranties, and solar PV data systems/monitoring
- High ethical standards; understand ethical obligations and good business practices, and exhibit behaviour that aligns with the values of Solar Alberta
- Adaptability; demonstrate a willingness to be flexible in a changing work environment
- Proficiency in both written and verbal English communication is essential
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively is essential
- Proficiency with MS Office/Google Suite, and Zoom platforms is essential
Interested Contractors should submit a cover letter/proposal and resume to Executive Director, Heather MacKenzie by November 30th, 2022: email@example.com. Resumes received without a cover letter/proposal will not be considered.
ABOUT SOLAR ALBERTA
Solar Alberta is a not-for-profit society that has worked for over 30 years to educate the public about solar and solar-related technologies. The organization’s mission is to accelerate Alberta’s transition to a just and sustainable energy future through advocating, educating, and serving as an industry and community hub for solar energy
Your application has been successfully submitted.
To accelerate Alberta’s transition to a just and sustainable energy future, we advocate, educate, and serve as an industry and community hub for solar...