Engineer - Energy Efficiency and Energy Simulation - Remote
Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people who like people, to brilliant minds, tomorrow’s visionaries, challenge seekers, collaborators, and those with an entrepreneurial spirit in their DNA.
At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where everyone’s ideas and perspectives are welcomed and encouraged, a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on projects that rally our team together, where you can proudly become a company shareholder.
At CIMA+, we give you the freedom and flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
At the end of the day, we’re proud to be able to say that when you join CIMA+, we’ll welcome you into a place that you can call home.
CIMA+'s Buildings engineering team is recognized for designing high-quality, energy-efficient buildings that put user comfort at the heart of their concerns. Several of our projects have won awards in various competitions across the country. In our constant quest to offer the best services to our clients, we are setting up a team of specialists dedicated to high performance projects to support our clients and our design teams across Canada.
We are currently seeking an engineer with specialized senior level expertise in sustainable design, energy efficiency, and building energy simulation to be the leader of that team. The successful candidate will be mentoring and developing energy modeling staff, be responsible for managing and delivering simulation assignments, estimate energy usage of buildings (EUI), and collaborate with design teams to change the world one building at a time.
The qualified candidate will have considerable background in energy-efficient system design and simulation, energy analysis studies, and energy management & incentive programs. A sound knowledge of HVAC and lighting systems, building control systems, building envelope design, energy conservation measures, greenhouse gas emission, and building energy simulation programs is expected. Exceptional communication skills, the ability to provide excellent client service and a commitment to sustainable design are essential for this position.
Candidates should be passionate about sustainability and resilience, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work products.
- Manage and deliver building performance and simulation assignments (whole building energy modeling, natural ventilation design, thermal comfort, CFD etc.), and greenhouse gas emissions analysis
- Prepare energy models in support of Green Rating documentation
- Mentor and develop junior energy modeling staff
- Identify strategies and solutions, for clients that improve energy performance, indoor air quality, and thermal comfort.
- Write and lead technical reports
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and/or design teams.
- Prepare NECB Performance Compliance Path documentation for Building Permit submissions
- Perform energy audits and consulting support for BOMA BESt, CaGBC ZCB Standard, etc.
- Leading business development activities with existing and prospective clients
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 8 years of experience in energy-efficient system design and simulation
- Experience with simulation software: eQUEST, TRNSYS, EE4, and/or EnergyPlus
- Experience with RETScreen, HAP, TRACE and/or Hot2000 considered an asset
- Experience with thermal comfort analysis, CFD (for natural ventilation and displacement ventilation), daylight simulation, life-cycle cost analysis, and/or existing building auditing preferred. Strong background in energy-efficient system design and simulation, daylighting, Green Building Certifications, energy analysis studies, and energy management & incentive programs
- BEMP, CEM credentials considered assets
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
For more information about this job offer, please contact François Turcotte
Your application has been successfully submitted.