Senior Systems Integrator
Job ID: 33211
- Job Category: Technology Services
- Division & Section: Technology Services, Technology Services Delivery
- Work Location: METRO HALL
- Job Type & Duration: Full-time,1 Permanent
- Salary: $104,340.60 - $122,595.20
- Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
- Affiliation: Non-Union
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 21-Nov-2022 to 05-Dec-2022
The City of Toronto, Canada's largest municipality is looking for two experienced BI Supervisor/Project Manager for Technology Services. In this key role, you will provide direction, leadership and guidance to BI teams and manage the team, design, integration and implementation of solutions that support the organization and system initiatives.
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Supervises, motivates and trains assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Supervises the day to day operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work. Authorizes and co-ordinates vacation and overtime requests. Monitors and evaluates staff performance, approves salary increments, hears grievances and recommends disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Leads, facilitates and contributes to the design, creation, development and sustainment of corporate standards for the division, including formalized project management and methodology, data warehousing architecture, data modeling, metadata, change management, and application development and migration.
- Responsible to senior management within the division, business and technical stakeholders for all aspects of assigned projects, including the project charter, project plan and schedule, progress, budget, risk management, issue management, change management, resource management, quality review/best practices.
- Provides project budget and financial management such as sole source requests; contract negotiations; leasing agreements; business cases; feasibility and cost/benefit analysis.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of various formal contractual documents such as Request For Information/Proposal/Quotation (RFI/P/Q), Statement Of Work (SOW), Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Provides leadership in the evaluation, selection and recommendation of technical solutions and professional services; manages vendors and contractors in the overall solution delivery process.
- Identifies and develops divisional/cross-divisional initiatives to produce synergies and economies of scale.
- Negotiates with senior management, clients and various stakeholders often with competing and conflicting goals, objectives and priorities.
- Provides assessments and recommendations of new technology trends on the effective use, acquisition and integration of technology by the City.
- Identifies and analyzes current business processes and practices in the context of evolving information architecture and performance measures; prepares feasibility study and recommends overall technical solutions for business initiatives and leverage existing enterprise infrastructure investments.
- Recommends and implements security, privacy and quality assurance requirements consistent with both the Municipal Freedom of Information Privacy and Protection Act (MFIPPA), and corporate and legislated standards regarding the storage, processing and retention of confidential data.
- Recommends, establishes, and sustains various project management structures that span one or more levels of government such as the Provincial Offence Act and Social Housing downloading initiatives.
- Assesses and recommends scalable multi-jurisdictional business and technical solutions that meet client and business requirements in the context of corporate standards, policies and procedures for information technologies and architectures. This includes determining requirements, conducting research and evaluations and obtaining all approvals and signoffs.
- Informs and educates senior managers, business users and technology peers on technology trends, and the effective use of business and technology solutions and information management
Your application for the role of Senior Systems Integrator (BI Supervisor/Project Manager) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or a related discipline with experience in large-scale information technology systems, or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Project Management Professional(PMP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or the approved equivalent PM work experience.
- Experience team supervisory experience, and interpersonal skills working independently and collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Knowledge in SAP PBF (Public Budget Formulation) solution and related SAP BW HR, Finance and Payroll business content.
- Experience and knowledge with integrated BI SAP landscape using SAP and non-SAP applications, ETL (BODS), SAP BWoHana and Hana S/4 and main Analytics tools including SAP Analytics Cloud, and Tableau.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, organize and present business cases, proposals, solutions and budgets or similar formal documents and statements to various audiences, including stakeholders, clients and the public.
- Experience managing and delivering divisional projects using while incorporating the principles of agile /sprint methodology.
- Experience with contract negotiations, procurement procedures and Vendor and Contract Management.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.