- Job ID: 33092
- Job Category: Policy, Planning & Research
- Division & Section: City Planning, CP Urban Design
- Work Location: Various Locations, See below
- Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Permanent Vacancies
- Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $33.97 - $37.22, Wage Grade 9
- Shift Information: Monday - Friday, 35 hours per week
- Number of Positions Open: 4
- Posting Period: 21-Nov-2022 to 05-Dec-2022
Number of Positions Open and Work Locations Information:
Three (3) Permanent vacancy located at City Hall, 100 Queen Street West
One (1) Permanent vacancy located at North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge Street
City Planning is looking for creative individuals to join the Graphics & Visualization unit, to create visually appealing materials to communicate Planning Matters with public and internal stakeholders.
Matrix reporting relationship between the Manager of Graphics & Visualization and the District Supervisor, Graphics & Visualization, you will prepare and maintain visual products associated with the planning process and architectural communication including: publications, architectural visualization, thematic mapping and legislative mapping from a variety of source material (client content, site visit, data, text and/or image files) using both analytical and design software for digital or print publication and/or display:
- Prepares and maintains documents, presentations, displays, graphics, 3D models, and maps using analytical and design software for print and digital distribution
- Prepares, maintains and verifies the Official Plan and Zoning By-law mapping
- Retrieves, manipulates and translates data from a variety of file formats and sources
- Liaises with internal and external professional, technical and legal staff to discuss, obtain and or provide graphic material for projects
- Provides support at community consultation events
Virtual information session:
All interested applicants are invited to attend a virtual information session on November 30th, from 12:15pm to 12:45pm, where they will have an opportunity to learn more about the Graphics & Visualization unit, the role and responsibilities of the Design Technologist position. Click here to join the session: Virtual Information Session: Design Technologist
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in an applied design, technology or related program, or the approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in an applied design field such as architectural technology, planning technology, visualization, graphic design and/or GIS (cartography/geomatics).
- Experience using software for publishing, visualization and mapping/analysis software (such as Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, ESRI, SketchUp, and AutoDesk).
- Experience producing plans, maps, graphics, 3D models, digital and print publications/displays to illustrate planning, built form, and other urban design concepts.
You must also have:
- Ability to work within tight time lines and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize own work program and carry out responsibilities with a minimum of direct supervision in a fast, accurate and efficient manner.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and clients. Design presentation skills including an awareness of typography, colour and graphic elements that impact readability.
- Ability to read architectural plans and topographic maps.
- Knowledge of the planning process, zoning by-law and the Official Plan.
- Knowledge of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to the job duties.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.