We come to work every day to make the world a better place.
About the Organization
We’re helping people build a better world through efficiency—starting in our own province. Our role is to inform and motivate Nova Scotians to use less energy, use it smarter, and enjoy the good things efficiency brings. Not only are we deeply committed to climate change, but we are also a multi-year winner of Canada's Greenest Employers and Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers.
Our work has achieved more than $1 billion in energy savings and contributed over 24% of Nova Scotia’s GHG emission reductions since 2011. We’re passionate about ensuring that all Nova Scotians have equal access to our programs and understand that energy efficiency can help serve our communities and promote a socially equitable energy future. Find out more about how we are making an impact here: https://www.efficiencyone.ca/impact/
If you want to be part of an organization that has an ambitious plan to support the transition to net-zero by 2050, and helps to build a thriving, resilient future for Nova Scotians - then you belong here!
EfficiencyOne is looking for a Program Manager, (Residential Behavior) who will manage a Program at EfficiencyOne which will offer participants insights into how much electricity they are using and offers guidance on ways to reduce their consumption. The Program Manager is responsible for managing the Residential Behavior program’s operations, including ensuring that energy savings and participant targets are met within budget; forecasting and reporting; collaborating with key partners internally and externally to ensure program success, and supporting the program’s design and launch. The Program Manager will be expected to work effectively with partners, program participants, internal staff, and external stakeholders.
The Program Manager will function as the project lead within the team assigned to develop the Residential behavior program. The Program Manager will have overall responsibility for the detailed development of initial concepts and conducting pre-implementation development work, supported by other members of the project team from departments throughout the organization.
A snapshot of what you will be involved with:
At the design and development stage, the Program Manager will:
- Develop required materials, designs, and other infrastructure associated with the pilot launch,
- Communicate design and schedule risks to the Project Manager as required
- Participate in procurement activities related to the selection of program vendor, including developing a scope of work, evaluation, and selection of the successful proponent
At the program delivery stage, following the design and delivery stage, the Program Manager will:
- Achieve program targets within a given budget along with providing input to help set realistic program targets
- Participate in, and contribute to, corporate initiatives including business planning, work planning, budgeting, etc.
- Continuously monitor program performance and adjust to meet targets
- Regularly report program results and status with respect to targets, including monthly Operations Report, dashboards/reports, and other reporting as required
- Regularly forecast results based on past and current program results, existing participant base, and marketing initiatives
- Identify areas for continuous improvement, including program processes and opportunities to grow and expand E1 services where possible and in line with business planning
Skills & Attributes:
- Understanding of energy conservation and principles of Demand-side Management
- Experience or knowledge of social marketing behavior change Past work with developers, building managers/operators, and/or owners would be considered an asset.
- Experience using data management systems to track and manage results
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value and drive the business
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and have
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and work independently or within a team
- Experience with and proficiency with all MS Office applications (including Teams)
Experience & Education:
- A bachelor’s degree, diploma in Engineering Technology, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Other relevant professional certifications such as Certified Energy Manager, Certified Measurement and Verification professional would be considered an asset
Why you’ll love working here:
- A culture that understands there is life outside of work and cares about their employees
- An engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment
- Awesome benefits that start on day one
- Wellness initiatives and fitness challenges hosted throughout the year
- Hybrid office model with the opportunity to work remotely
- Corporate gym memberships
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a team and contributing to Nova Scotia’s goal of 2050 net-zero carbon
What to expect in your first several weeks on the job:
In the first week, expect to:
- Job shadow other program managers to learn about their roles and responsibilities.
- Read program materials to get more familiar with documentation, tools, and processes.
- Meet with members of your team and colleagues from across the organization to learn about your job responsibilities, program targets and history, and overall program goals.
- Start performing core duties.
In the first month, expect to:
- Perform core duties with moderate support.
- Begin development of core program deliverables and reporting; become familiar with the project plan.
- Establish a performance plan with your manager.
- Continue to learn more about documentation, tools, and processes.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Perform core duties with limited support.
- Achieve significant progress in adherence to the project plan.
- Report on program development progress.
- Meet with external partners and stakeholders.
EfficiencyOne is committed to fostering a culture that is supportive and values others, one that is grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, persons of minority sexual orientations, and gender identities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We come to work every day to make the world a better place.