Contracts/Project Manager (Solar)
P JOULE PV Canada Corp. is currently seeking a Project Manager based out of our Calgary, Alberta office.
Why you should join the GP JOULE team:
GP JOULE PV Canada Corp. North America is a subsidiary of GP JOULE GmbH, a diversified renewable project developer and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) service provider headquartered in Reußenköge, Germany with offices across Europe, the US and Canada. The North American team is focused on solar project co-development as well as full turnkey EPC services. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with satellite offices in Calgary, Alberta and Halifax, Nova Scotia and we specialize in ground mount and rooftop solar photovoltaic installations for both commercial and utility scale projects.
As a growing international private company, we value authenticity, fair business practices, innovation, quality, and zest for life. We look for highly spirited people embracing those same core values to join us! We are dedicated to promoting solar renewable energy in North America and reducing our carbon footprint.
The role of the Project Manager (Contracts) is to provide management oversight and leadership to direct reports (Project Engineers) and is responsible for overall project deliverables including scope, cost and schedule management, project status reporting, client relations, quality and safety leadership, cash flow management, and profitability tracking.
You will use your expertise to:
(You will be responsible for performing such duties and responsibilities which may be assigned to you from time to time by your leader.)
- Develop, manage, and control scope, cost, and schedules for the project.
- Oversee a variety of contractors, including engineering, fabrication, and construction, with the support of internal resources.
- Provide weekly updated schedules to leaders, and clients.
- Work closely with supply chain team members to validate material, and contract delivery timelines.
- Validate and approve Change Orders from vendors and clients.
- Work closely with internal construction management and commissioning teams to create realistic schedules and manage risk.
- Develop, manage, and facilitate contracts for subcontractors.
- Support project engineers in their growth and development and utilize their support for overall project execution.
- Communicate and develop strong relationships with clients and stakeholders to drive project progress and customer satisfaction.
- Operate as the key person responsible for the project/contract performance. Complete, oversee, and utilize contracts.
- Oversee the project budget including cashflows and expenditures to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of projects. Working closely with accounts payable and project accountants to ensure timely forecast costs and cash flow objectives.
- Anticipate any cost overruns and implement recovery plans in place to alleviate them. Escalate potential loss in profitability from budgeted margins if necessary to management, early enough to provide guidance or support.
- Provide weekly (critical items), monthly (overall project i.e. safety, quality, timing, financial (actually spent vs. budgeted, project cash flows) and customer satisfaction and quarterly (project summary + process as part of management meetings).
- Work with accounting and finance to ensure project-specific payables, receivables, and consolidated statements are managed weekly and in accordance with respective contracts for your projects.
- Report daily or weekly, as required, to clients (Project Report) and to management to ensure all project deliverables are well tracked.
- Advise customers and potential clients on technical or engineering issues/changes affecting project deliverables from a civil, mechanical, or electrical standpoint. Coordinate accurate management of change orders with internal resources and clients.
We would like to review your application if you have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor Science Degree - All Engineering, Valid P. Eng. In Canada, or other professional designation.
- 10+ years of project management experience in the construction industry.
- Must have minimum five years construction exposure.
- Experience with the facilitation of engineering, fabrication, and construction contractors.
- Experience with preparing and executing utility interconnection plans, an asset.
- Experienced in all aspects of project management including scope management, cost estimating, scheduling and construction contracts development, supervision, and on-site inspections.
- Knowledge and experience in commercial supply chains processes.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Knowledge and experience in industrial construction methodology and planning.
- Ability to read and extract scope of work from engineered drawings.
- Understanding of codes, governing regulations, and industry practices in Canada.
- Accuracy, completeness, and quality of technical information and project documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can work effectively with senior management, clients, project team, and contractors
- Results-oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced team environment
Where you will be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
The base hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on the business needs.
This role is office based out of Calgary, Alberta. You may be expected to travel across Canada (Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Nova Scotia), and US (primarily Mid-West, North-East) from time to time as a representative of the Company.
GP JOULE PV Canada Corp. also offers an exciting, faced paced working environment with a competitive base salary based on experience. Along with a comprehensive benefits package and vacation allotments.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
To accelerate Alberta’s transition to a just and sustainable energy future, we advocate, educate, and serve as an industry and community hub for solar...