Why you should join the GP JOULE team:
GP JOULE North America is a subsidiary of GP JOULE GmbH, a diversified renewable project developer and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) service provider headquartered in Reußenköge, Germany with offices across Europe, the US and Canada. The North American team is focused on solar project co-development as well as full turnkey EPC services. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with a satellite office in Calgary, Alberta we specialize in ground mount and rooftop solar photovoltaic installations for both commercial and utility scale projects.
As a growing international private company, we value authenticity, fair business practices, innovation, quality, and zest for life. We look for highly spirited people embracing those same core values to join us! We are dedicated to promoting solar renewable energy in North America and reducing our carbon footprint.
GP JOULE is currently seeking an Electrical Foreman based out of our Alberta Project Sites.
The Electrical Foreman will be responsible for leading an electrical crew on commercial construction sites. Their primary role is to ensure planning, laying out, installing, and wiring electrical components are completed, as per project drawings, specifications and in accordance with applicable electrical codes. This position will oversee the work and job performance on sites and will ensure ongoing attention to work-site safety, standards, and legislation are met. A key component of this position will be troubleshooting and providing exceptional service to all of our customers.
The role requires an individual who shares our company values, who is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and is excited to help us tackle challenges to succeed in our business.
You will use your expertise to:
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations.
- Review drawings and ensure the project is built according to design
- Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on safety
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment.
- Install, replace, repair and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels.
- Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits.
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement, or repair.
- Diagnose and troubleshhot system malfunction and operational issues
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
- Communicate with customers in a professional, considerate, and respectful manner, answering all questions and concerns to the best of your availability
- Maintain thorough documentation of system service or installation including photographs, location diagrams for arrays and equipment, and existing site features.
We would like to review your application if you have the following minimum qualifications:
- 4 – 5 years of experience in a commercial setting as a Lead Hand Journeyman Electrician carrying out electrical tasks associated with installations and maintenance in commercial or service settings;
- Licensed Journeyman electrician;
- First Aid Standard Level;
- AWP Aerial work platform;
- Fall Arrest and/or Fall Protection;
- Class 5 drivers license and a clean driver abstract.
Where you will be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
The base hours of work are a regular 44-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on the business needs.
You may be expected to travel across Canada (Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Nova Scotia), and US (primarily Mid-West, North-East) from time to time as an engineering representative of the Company.
GP Joule also offers an exciting, faced paced working environment with a competitive base salary based on experience. Along with a comprehensive benefits package and vacation allotments.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
To accelerate Alberta’s transition to a just and sustainable energy future, we advocate, educate, and serve as an industry and community hub for solar...